register for fall classes with purple background and pic of hands typing on laptopNew Mental Health services for studentsStudents walking on campus plus a QR code to download RAVE Guardian App

Student Grades FAQs

For more questions, visit

Are my grades available online?
All students, including transients, have an account on SWORDS and can access their student records and grades.
If you have a problem, please feel free to contact the Office of the Registrar staff for help at . You may also call the office at 478.471.2900.

When are grades available online?
Typically, grades are posted a week after the end of finals week. For a specific date, please see the Academic Calendar for when grades are available for you to view online.

Are grades mailed at the end of the term?
No. All students have access to their grades online through Banner Web/SWORDS.

My parents want to see my grades every term. Can you send them my grades?
No. You may share your grades with them through your SWORDS account. Federal law requires that we have a specific authorization from you to release your grades. There is a form for that purpose in the Office of the Registrar found here.

I attended the university last term as a transient, but my record at my home institution does not reflect that I took the course and passed it. What should I do?
You must request an official transcript be sent to your home school from the MGA Office of the Registrar. You may do so either through your SWORDS account or in person at the Office of the Registrar. If you requested a transcript, follow-up with the Office of the Registrar to determine when it was sent.

My Academic Standing seems wrong. My overall GPA (Institutional & Transfer) is over a 2.0 so why does my standing reflect something different?
Your Academic Standing at the University is based solely on the grades you've achieved at Middle Georgia State University. This does not include grades from your transfer work or Learning Support courses.

I received an incorrect grade for the semester. How do I correct it?
You should immediately talk with your instructor. If a mistake was made, they will fix it. The Registrar will post the change as soon as the correction is received.

If you are unable to reach an agreement with the instructor, you should fill out the student's section of the Student Petition: Final Grade Change Appeal form found here, and submit it to the chair of the appropriate department. If the department does not have a chair, submit the form to the Dean of the school the department is in.

This form must be submitted to the chair or dean within 10 business days (Mon-Fri) of the grade being posted by the Office of the Registrar.

The chair or dean will respond within 10 business days of receiving the form. To appeal further, please see the Grade Change policy in the Academic Catalog, which is under the Academic Policy and Information section.