The library will host Dr. Lisa Bro for our next coffee and conversation in the Macon Campus Library (Wednesday, March 13 at 2:00 p.m.) and the Roberts Memorial Library, Cochran Campus (Tuesday, March 12 at 2:00 p.m.).  Join Dr. Lisa Wenger Bro as she discusses her new book.  Bodies for Profit and Power: Science Fiction and Biopolitics, which examines the portrayal of dystopian capitalism and the biopolitical in science fiction works from the early 1900s to the present.New Mental Health services for studentsStudents walking on campus plus a QR code to download RAVE Guardian AppGrad with text - Middle Georgia's Path To ExcellenceINFO ON STARTING AT MGA, REGISTERING AND PAYING FOR CLASSES, AND MOREStepping Block and Focus 2 logos

Declare or Change of Major/Minor

It is to the advantage of each student to select a major field as early as possible in their academic career. Any student who is undecided about a major will be advised to concentrate upon the general course requirements of the University until deciding upon a major field. If a student changes the major one or more times, difficulty may occur in completing the degree program in the prescribed time.

Although faculty advisors are provided, the student is responsible for knowing and fulfilling graduation requirements for a degree from Middle Georgia State University.

In order to electronically sign PDF documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (or Pro). You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for free HERE. Instructions for How to Create a Digital Signature and Sign Electronically can be found HERE. Documents submitted via email must be submitted from your MGA email account to confirm sender identity.

Change of Major

Students who wish to change majors or students who have not declared a major must see their advisor. It is recommended that students who receive Financial Aid coordinate their change with Financial Aid to ensure that there is no impact on their aid. A change of major is effective the semester following the student's current enrollment or pre-registration. So, if a student submitted a change of major form during the Fall 2013 semester, the change would have taken effect Spring 2014.

Declaring a Minor or a Second Major or Degree

Students who wish to declare a minor or second major or degree must see an advisor and obtain approval in the department that houses the program. Adding minors or additional majors or degrees may affect financial aid status. Students are encouraged to consult the Office of Financial Aid before committing to adding minors or second majors/degrees.